This summary will help you choose from our products.
HHO is relatively simple and can be kept that way if you're willing to keep an eye on it (willing to maintain your setup).
If however you're the type of person who likes to set it up and forget about it you will need a complete kit which is fully automated.
The 2 main things everyone needs with a HHO system are:
1) A HHO Generator - Produces the HHO gas that your vehicle will burn.
- Keep in mind for every 1000cc your vehicle engine is you will need approximately 0.5 liters of HHO gas.
2) An Electrolyte Tank - Stores and circulates the liquid needed to produce the HHO gas. In the tank the gas separates' from the liquid and is diverted to your engine.
- There must be at least 20cm height difference from the bottom of your electrolyte tank and the top of HHO Cell generator or you will also need a "circulating pump"... also cheap to buy.
These 2 alone (HHO Generator & Electrolyte Tank) are very cheap but you must remember to manually keep an eye on them daily if you choose "just the basics". Keeping an eye on them means making sure the water level in your electrolyte tank is always topped up and that the electrolyte concentration isn't too strong. If it's too strong a higher current will be drawn from your cars alternator than your HHO Generator can handle.
You will not be able to run your HHO Generator above 13amps when cold approximately 18 amps when warm if you do not have a PWM (Pulse Width Modulator). The amps you use directly affect the amount of gas you produce (more amps = more HHO gas).
Your vehicles ECU(Engine Control Unit or car computer) needs to be taught to work with HHO, the new fuel. There are several ways of doing this depending on how mechanically inclined you are and how much money you want to spend.
- Volo Performance Chip FS2-HHO edition- Easiest, cheapest, most reliable way if your vehicle, make and model is supported. CHECK VEHICLE SUPPORT LIST - PRODUCT PAGE
- EFFIE device- Difficult and unreliable and you shouldn't consider this method unless you know your mechanics. Although usually cheap, if it's not done right you could damage your vehicle and we suggest you research it well before trying this method. We do not sell Effie devices.
- You can also reprogram the maps in your vehicles ECU this needs a specialist with a dyno tune machine. This option is extremely effective on turbo deisel engines. Some get over 50% economy this way.